Ready to Lead seeks to support and engage historically under-represented people who wish to serve on nonprofit/government boards, committees, task forces, commissions, and other work groups. We seek to increase both the diversity of skilled people ready to serve and the inclusiveness of organizations who deliver services in the community. Participants also have a program mentor.
There is no cost to participants although we ask people to commit to attending all four sessions which average three hours each. The training dates are September 17th, October 15th, November 19th, and December 10th. All sessions will be held from 4:30 – 7:30pm (6:30pm for session four) at the Rochester Public Library (dinner is provided). Each session begins with a meal and conversation. The April session includes a meal, conversation and networking with currently serving board/commission members and organizations seeking skilled new members such as you!
- Board Member Expectations (led by April Sutor – Family Service Rochester)
- Roles & Responsibilities of Board Members (led by JoMarie Morris – Jeremiah Program)
- Board Governance Structures (led by Elaine Case)
- Understanding Financial Statements (led by Anne Wiekamp Leth)
- Conducting a Meeting - Robert’s Rules of Order (TBD)
- Mock Board Meeting
- Board Member Panel